Moving out can be immensely stressful. With lots going around everywhere in your house, it is a daunting task to keep track of all the items in their secure places. One of the most difficult aspects of packing away the items on the moving day is to start with the heavy furniture of the house. There is no denying the fact that packing away furniture turns out to be the most stressful and laborious tasks of all times. However, with the presence of the right packing materials and help, you can do this complicated task like a pro.
Furniture packing is vital due to the aesthetic purposes of the items involved. You definitely do not wish the furniture of your house to get damaged or scratched during transit. As such, it is imperative for you to ensure that you pack away the important furniture of the house diligently and with utmost care. If this is your moving day already and you need to pack the furniture, here are some pro tips from the experts that will help. Have a read:
Coming Up with the Effective Furniture Moving Strategy
If you wish to ensure a seamless and hassle-free moving experience, you must plan out everything in advance. As the furniture items tend to be too heavy to move around easily, here are some tips that you must consider while preparing them for the packing stage:
- Develop an Inventory of the Items: Note down all the possible types of furniture items you have in your home. Mark out their respective current condition and sort away the unwanted, damaged items. When you have the final list of the furniture items that you wish to take along, you can decide over the particular type of packing material you require and how to pack each one of them.
- Measure the Furniture: For ensuring a smooth moving, measure the furniture pieces individually. The furniture must be able to access across your home or apartment to be moved properly. If you are unsure of making the moving on your own, you can ask for professional help.
- Collect the Right Packing Materials: Once you have analyzed the right type of packing essentials you require, you must obtain the same and start away with the packing process. Ensure the best packing of the furniture items to prevent any damage during transit.
Preparing the Furniture for Moving
If you wish to make the relocation process easy and safe, it is important to prepare your furniture for a hassle-free moving. Here are some ways:
- Disassemble the Furniture: If there are detachable parts in the furniture items, remove them and keep them intact separately. This will reduce the overall size and weight of the particular furniture piece and will make it easier to move around. While disassembling the furniture items, try to follow the instructions properly.
- Clean the Pieces that You will Relocate: Once you have disassembled the different pieces of a single furniture item, you can begin with cleaning the same. This will save you the trouble of cleaning them all over again in your new home or setup. Once cleaned thoroughly, pack the different pieces of the furniture items properly with the use of cardboard boxes and secure bubble wraps. You must also not forget labeling the different pieces of the furniture such that it is no trouble for you while assembling the furniture pieces all over again.
Packing the Furniture for Shipping
Most probably, your furniture is going to be the largest item consuming a major portion of the transportation truck. When you wish to ship the furniture of your home to the storage units Glen Ellyn for temporary safe-keeping, it is vital that you must pack the items properly to prevent any damage during the transit.
As long as you take care of the proper packing strategies, you can be satisfied that all the different parts of the furniture items are delivered securely and intact at the destination. Here are some professional packing tips:
- Make use of the bubble wrap packaging for protecting the protruding or delicate parts of the furniture.
- Wrap the entire furniture piece in heavy blankets or other spare, yet clean & soft fabric materials for ensuring the overall protection of the items.
- Put cloth or paper padding in the hollow spaces between two furniture sets or parts. This will ensure additional protection for your items during transportation.
- Tape around large pieces of corrugated cardboard all around the furniture pieces.
- Cover the fragile glass surface of the furniture including tabletops, mirrors, showcases, and so more. Cover them up with flat cardboard pieces and wrap around bubble wraps & packing paper.
Make sure that you pack the furniture securely during transit to the storage units Glen Ellyn!